“Loving” your business is about having the right relationship with it. Just like the relationship you have with your partner or spouse, a long-term business love takes commitment, compromise and sacrifice. It also means the relationship is built on shared values and goals. If your business vision or mission doesn’t align with your personal values, you could be in for some relationship stress.
If you are like most small business owners, the primary reason for opening your own business was to be in control of your career and your life. That translates to your desire to fully enjoy the work you do and the business you own and to maximize the benefits you get from it.
If you are having trouble with your small business love affair here are some areas to examine:
1. Are you focused on what is most important?
2. Are you following your “green lights”?
3. Have you set boundaries that offer you time to spend on yourself, your family, your friends, and other things that are important in your life?
4. Are you doing what you do best and delegating and outsourcing the rest?
5. Do you have the right kind of support, e.g. coach, peers, a resource team?
6. Have you taken time to refresh and relax recently? When was your last vacation?
7. Are you having fun? Have you taken time to celebrate?
As a small business owner your business/career commitments are different from those of people who work for others. You are the business. In the “Love It” section of my book, Plan It! Do It! Love It! I cover my time-proven suggestions for maintaining a balance between your work and your personal life. These come to you through my education, training, experience in counseling, and from clients who were willing to share their lessons learned about “living the life.” The advice and recommendations are to help you maximize joy, improve your lifestyle, balancing work with life, communicate your needs fully, prioritize time, and generally love your life and your work.
Create the life you have always wanted — the one you expected to have when you opened your own business. Fall in love with your small business lifestyle every day!
Order now! http://planitdoitloveit.com
Visit http://sherryjordancoach.com/blog/ for more great tips and actionable advice for small business owners.